ARe YOU HAVING ANY OF THESE ISSUES?
- Drainage issues
- Barrier issues
- Storm Water Management
- Erosion Control
Curb is a short wall installed to hold the pavement from the sides and act as a barrier between yard and street. It is abutted with a gutter which is a flat concrete slab that drains out water away from the yard. Usually, curb and gutter are constructed together at a site.
BENEFITS OF CONCRETE CURBS AND GUTTERS
- Adds attractiveness to parking lots and street. It also enhances adjacent properties by sharp demarcations between streets and lawns.
- Curbs act as a back support to the pavements. While laying pavement, curbs form a closed boundary and improve compaction during construction and help maintain the integrity of edges under traffic.
- Curbs reduce the amount of space or right-of-way required for a street by eliminating drainage swales and their flat side slopes
- Light reflective surfaces of concrete curbs delineate pavement edges and improve visibility for drivers at night, thus promoting safety.
- Curbs improve the efficiency of street sweepers by concentrating debris for easy, mechanical pickup.
- Gutters help in draining of the water successfully that slides down from the other side of the pavement thus avoiding the water from entering into the pavement area.
- Used to control and direct run off to storm water structures and bio retention ponds
What sets us apart from others
J. Keen Construction, LLC’s state of the art equipment and outstanding workmanship provides the necessary foundation to meet the individual needs of every client. With core values emphasizing on health, safety, reliability and building relationships with our clients, we continue to set new standards in the asphalt and concrete industry. A dedicated Project Manager and Site Team is assigned to each project throughout the entire duration of the project. All work is warrantied beyond industry standards.